Skip to content
Mr Filbert's blog
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1ltr hot vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- large pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tsp mustard seeds (black or white)
- 500g basmati rice
- 140g trimmed green beans, halved
- 1 lemon, juice only
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 50g packet of Chilli Roasted Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7/fan 200C. Pour the oil into a large roasting tin or ovenproof dish and put in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat through. Add all the vegetables to the tin, except the beans, stirring to coat them in the hot oil. Season with salt and pepper and return to the oven for 15 minutes until beginning to brown.
- While the vegetables are roasting, stir together the stock, curry paste, chilli, saffron and mustard seeds.
- Mix the rice with the green beans and the other vegetables in the tin, then pour over the stock. Lower the oven to 190C/gas 5. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the lemon juice and check the seasoning, then scatter over the coriander and Mr Filbert’s Chilli Roasted Seeds. Serve with a pile of poppadums and a bowl of raita or tzatziki.