A block of chilled shortcrust pastry (at room temperature)
200g granulated sugar
150ml double cream
30g unsalted butter
I tablespoon honey
Zest and juice of one large orange
350g Mexican Sweet Chilli Mixed Nuts
1 vanilla pod
1. Pre-heat oven to 175c. Roll out pastry to fit a 9 inch spring form flan dish (line with greaseproof paper if not spring form), pop in some baking beans and bake blind for approx 15 mins.
2. Put sugar into a saucepan and place over a low heat until sugar dissolves, turning golden. Add the water, increase the heat and bring to the boil. Cook until syrup is a deep amber colour – this should take around 10 mins.
3. Remove from the heat and add the orange juice. Gradually add the cream whilst stirring and then whisk.
4. Place back on to a low heat. Whisk in the butter, honey, orange zest, and seeds from the vanilla pod. Stir in the Mexican Sweet Chilli Mixed Nuts.
5. Pour the filling into the pastry crust and bake until tart filling is bubbling – this should take around 15 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack. Serve with crème fraiche, along with a dusting of cocoa powder and orange zest.