200g Demerara sugar
100g Cornish Sea SaltTM Mixed Nuts (roughly chopped)
100g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Mix together in a hot saucepan the butter and sugar until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved – be careful not to let the mixture burn. Add the cream and keep stirring until the mixture is bubbling.
3. Remove from the heat and sift in the flour. Add the chopped nuts and stir well.
4. Using a spoon, drop 9 Florentines on to each baking tray, leaving room for them to spread during baking.
5. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow the Florentines to cool before removing them and placing them on a cooling rack.
7. Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water without the bowl actually touching the water. Add three quarters of the chocolate to the bowl and melt carefully.
8. Remove from the heat and grate in the remainder of the chocolate. Spread the chocolate over each Florentine and leave to set.
9. Store in an airtight container and enjoy over the next few days!